Today we have lots of latest technology. So even the Best Portable Drawing Tablets for beginners are a great tool kit.
There are a few unique alternatives out there, some that I haven’t recorded here, and organizations are pushing each other increasingly more to enhance these sort of gadgets
6 Best Portable Drawing Tablets For Artists That You Can Use Anywhere
Before buying the best portable drawing tablets for artists you must also make sure that you get the right tablet pen as well.
- Apple iPad Pro (11-inch, Wi-Fi, 64GB) – Silver (Latest Model)
- XP-PEN Artist12 11.6 Inch FHD Drawing Monitor Pen Display Graphic Monitor with PN06 Battery-Free Pen Multi-Function Pen Holder and Glove 8192 Pressure Sensitivity
- Yiynova MVP20U+FE(V2) Full HD Tablet Monitor (Mac & Windows)(HDMI + 5V3A USB Port)(Ready to Use with Yiynova Cloud PC)
- Wacom Intuos Graphics Drawing Tablet with 3 Bonus Software included, 7.9″x 6.3″, Black (CTL4100)
- Huion GT-191 KAMVAS Drawing Tablet with HD Screen 8192 Pressure Sensitivity – 19.5 Inch
- Wacom Intuos Wireless Graphics Drawing Tablet with 3 Bonus Software Included, 7.9″ x 6.3″, Black (CTL4100WLK0)
#1. Apple iPad Pro (11-inch, Wi-Fi, 64GB) – Silver (Latest Model)
Apple iPad Pro from the Apple store makes it easier for artists to enhance their creative skills. It also makes a complicated drawing, like touching or writing great. It is also equipped with a multi-touch that makes the user more comfortable to interact on the screen.
In the October event of Apple, the most advanced range of Apple iPad Pro (11-inch, Wi-Fi, 64GB) tablets was firmly renewed with two new models of the iPad Pro. In Xataka we have been testing and taking full advantage of the iPad Pro (2019) model of 12, 9 inches, a portent at the level of hardware performance of which we already have for you the full analysis.
With its most important physical renovation since its introduction, the Apple iPad Pro (11-inch, Wi-Fi, 64GB) turns its design towards an appearance closer to Apple laptops than to more “iOS” devices. Design regeneration brings many new features and changes.
In addition, Apple has taken advantage of the renewal in the appearance of the Apple iPad Pro (11-inch, Wi-Fi, 64GB) to retake its idea behind the 11.0-inch model.
The lightning connector has been replaced in 2018 version with a USB-C connector. So, the user can get a faster processing tablet. The connector allows fast charging on the iPad, and it supports large data transfers. There are also external displays running up to 5K.
With this new technology, you can also use your iPad Pro to charge any iPhone that you own.
Apple Pencil (2nd Gen)
This accessory is not included in the sale of the iPad Pro, but it has been upgraded to the Apple Pencil (2nd gen). Works well with any latest iPad from 2018.
This pen has two functions,
First, it can detect any tapping with a built-in touch sensor. It lets the user interact with the iPad and use it to draw with ease. You can change the app settings in the drawing app settings.
The second feature makes Apple Pencil 2 useless. You can then attach the pen by the side of the iPad Pro. It helps the user not to use the iPad, and it also charges the pen as well. The first-gen Apple Pencil does not have this function. The 2nd Gen Pencil has a wireless charging function.
Smart Keyboard Folio
This keyboard is sold as an accessory, but it can transform the iPad into a workspace. It’s like having an Apple laptop. The manual is rather thin and light to carry, giving lots of protection to both sides of the tablet. It is then turned into a stand and provides the user with two viewing positions.
It is a full-size keyboard which offers excellent typing experience.
- Has a 12.9″ Retina Display that gives user ample drawing space.
- Tablet battery lasts up to 10 hours
- Tablet supports Apple Pencil and Apple Keyboard – excellent for drawing.
- Smooth performance while doing multitasking.
- Tablet has split-screen feature great for multitasking.
- Has an ATX chip that speeds up downloads and uploads.
- It is light and quite portable.
- The art tablet is significant – the size of two iPad Airs.
- Apple Pencil is costly to buy as a separate accessory.
- It has a bright screen and not as good as other iPad models.
#2. XP-PEN Artist12 11.6 Inch FHD Drawing Monitor Pen Display Graphic Monitor with PN06 Battery-Free Pen Multi-Function Pen Holder and Glove 8192 Pressure Sensitivity
Are you looking for a Best Portable Drawing Tablets with a screen? Today you are in luck! In this article, we will tell you all about the XP-PEN Artist12 11.6 Inch FHD.
We will help you to know it in depth XP-PEN Artist116 Pro Review, analyzing all its features and showing you all the advantages it has to offer you, whether you are a designer, illustrator, 3D modeler or if you simply want to use it for fun.
In case you did not know, the Japanese company XP-PEN Artist12 11.6 Inch has been manufacturing graphic tablets of very good quality for more than a decade that today compete for side by side with the best known (and most expensive) brands, making more users able to access cheap equipment without neglecting quality, as you can see in the following table
XP-PEN Artist12 FHD Specifications
- Display: 11.6-inch IPS to 16.7 million colors
- Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels (Full HD)
- Viewing Angle: 178 °
- Contrast Ratio: 700: 1
- Pencil: Passive
- Pen sensitivity: 8192 pressure levels
- Resolution: 5080 LPI (lines per inch)
- Report Rate: up to 266 RPS
- Shortcut Keys: 6
- Touch bar: 1
- Dimensions: 36.41 x 21.8 x 1 cm
- Weight: 907 grams
- Operating System: Compatible with Windows 7/8/10 and Mac OS X 10.10 and higher
If you have a graphics tablet but you want to make the leap to a screen, or you are still looking for your first drawing tablet, in our opinion, the XP-PEN Artist12 11.6 Inch FHD is an opportunity you should not miss. As you will have learned throughout this analysis, we are talking about an excellent quality product that you can buy for a very affordable price.
We hope we have helped you clear all your doubts and we hope that you soon have in your hands this tablet that is a true past!
Advantages of the XP-PEN Artist12 11.6 Inch FHD
The IPS monitor has an incredible resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels (Full HD) with a Gamut 72% NTSC color range, which will allow you to visualize up to 16.7 million vibrant colors in each of your creative sessions.
With the XP-Pen Artist 12, you can draw for hours without tiring your eyes, since the screen has an anti-glare coating that protects your eyes while offering a crisp image with bright colors.
You can customize the 6 express keys with the shortcuts you want to make your work more comfortable and simple. It also has a touch bar that you can use, for example, to zoom and scroll up or down.
If you are left-handed, you can set it to draw with the left hand.
One of the most outstanding features of this drawing tablet is the P06 Passive Pencil that, in addition to resembling a traditional pencil in terms of shape since it includes an eraser at one end, is non-slip and does not have a battery, so you don’t have to worry about loading the pencil before you start drawing.
Draw in a natural way with faithful, smooth and precise strokes thanks to the 8192 pressure levels that the pencil has and its report rate of 266 RPS.
The price-quality ratio of this tablet is brutal. You will not find anything like it for so little money.
XP-PEN Artist 12 Driver: How to download and install it?
Installing the driver of this graphic tablet with screen is very easy. In the package you will find an installation CD, however, we recommend that you download the latest updated version from the official brand site when configuring your XP-PEN Artist 12. You just have to follow these simple steps:
Enter the XP-PEN Downloads section
- Depending on the operating system of your computer, select the “Download Driver (Windows)” or “Download Driver (Mac)” tab.
- Find the “Artist 12 Series” row and click on the “Download” button
- Remove any other previously installed tablet drivers and disable antivirus and firewalls.
- Unzip the downloaded file and run it.
- Connect the XP-PEN Artist 12 HD to the computer.
#3. Yiynova MVP20U+FE(V2) Full HD Tablet Monitor (Mac & Windows)(HDMI + 5V3A USB Port)(Ready to Use with Yiynova Cloud PC)
Yiynova MVP20U+FE(V2) Full HD allows animators to bring out the best animation in their artworks. It has improved colour quality that is not present in their previous generation.
The pills also exceed the latest industry standards for tablets in the market of today.
- The drawing can be drawn on the tablet.
- The LCD screen has 16.7M colours makes the drawings perfect. It also has an HD resolution to boot.
- The tablet is equipped with eight hotkeys for shortcuts.
- It also comes with a pressure-sensitive pen.
- The tablet responds well.
- The box comes with different adapters and pen kits.
- If you on the lights, the screen can be quite a glare.
- The drivers might crash.
- There is a light leak around the watch edges.
- There is parallax between the LCD and the glass surface.
- It doesn’t look sleek.
#4. Huion GT-191 KAMVAS Drawing Tablet with HD Screen 8192 Pressure Sensitivity – 19.5 Inch
Huion GT-191 KAMVAS Drawing Tablet is a great choice compared to other expensive brands. This tablet is also compatible with the latest digital art software.
- This Huion tablet has a large drawing surface.
- The pen has high levels of pressure sensitivity.
- Making the lines you draw easier to control.
- This tablet has eight side buttons and 16 hotkeys. Thus, making it easier to create shortcuts to your preferences.
- It is compatible with the latest Windows, which makes it the perfect choice for drawing.
- The stylus needs charging.
- The stylus is non-slip resistant. The user might lose grip of the pen.
- The pen does not have a full tilt.
- There are also issues getting the right drivers.
#5. Wacom Intuos Graphics Drawing Tablet with 3 Bonus Software included, 7.9″x 6.3″, Black (CTL4100)
Wacom Intuos Graphics Drawing Tablet has everything you need to get great digital art.
It works with all Adobe programs like Photoshop and Illustrator, making it easy to work with. This is perfect for all beginners and experts in the field. Let’s Check more details Wacom Intous Pro Review.
- The stylus doesn’t need a battery. Control the line by pushing the pen harder.
- It has four express keys that can be assigned.
- Use your mouse and pen together.’
- The tablet is perfect with limited working space.
- This tablet is compatible with Mac and PC and is connected either by USB or wireless.
- It doesn’t have a good cover design.
- The driver installation and downloading have problems.
#6. Wacom Intuos Wireless Graphics Drawing Tablet with 3 Bonus Software Included, 7.9" x 6.3", Black (CTL4100WLK0)
Wacom Intuos Wireless Graphics Drawing Tablet is easy to use, especially for beginners.
It has lots of art supplies in one tool that allows artists to make the best out of their artwork. It also comes with software and online tutorials that make the user draw the best drawings.
- It has no battery and a pressure-sensitive pen.
- Free Draw Pack with drawing software and online tutorials.
- Four Express Keys
- Compatible with Mac and USB cable
- Compact size for portability
- Setup for left and right-handed usage
- Easy to set up and use immediately.
- Comes with software and training for those that are beginning to start drawing.
- Light and compact- good for college students.
- Connect by USB or wireless
- Has express keys and great shortcuts at your fingertips.
- Uses Wacom's high-pressure pen to mimic techniques like paintbrushes and strokes
- It is comfortable to use for both left and right-handed artists.
- Great price value for money
- Pen doesn’t need batteries
- Pen is pressure sensitive.
- The tablet has four express keys.
- The pen can be used along with the mouse, and the pen can be used at the same time.
- The tablet comes in a portable size.
- It is compatible with Mac and Pc and connected by USB or wireless.
- It doesn’t have an eraser at the end of the stylus. You will need to use an eraser tool.
- The pen’s nibs are shorter compared to other brand’s. It also has 3 free pen nibs.
- It sometimes has other issues because the driver is hard to install.
How To Buy Best Portable Drawing Tablets For Artists
There are many different selections when choosing the Best Portable Drawing Tablets to fit all your needs can be confusing. With some thorough thinking, you can decide which tablet you want to buy. Some come through free accessories, but you need to consider which you want to get. Make sure that you find this before getting the tablet.
Good drawing tablets have an extra stylus while some don’t. Sometimes you need to get it. Some pens need batteries while others need to be charged. Some of the tablets also come with other accessories, while others don't have those. You will need to consider what you need before buying the tablet.
These pens have different pressure sensitivity. Before buying, you need to consider before purchasing the tablet. The pen has a different sensitivity level. Thus you need to choose the right graphics drawing tablet for the correct pressure. Make sure you select a drawing tablet that suits you the best. The right pen comes with the tablet, so consider the pen before the sale.
All tablets need proper drivers to get the tablet running. If not, the tablet will be useless. Some of the software does not match your operating system. Research and make sure the tablet's drivers match the operating system. Also, make sure to ask the seller for more information for the drivers. Google and make sure that the driver works with Mac or Windows.
Varies on different models and features. Those with extra features are also more expensive. It depends on your preferences. If you need more hotkeys, you will need to pay a little more.
If you do not need extra features, you might opt for a cheaper one. If you can't afford a high end one, buy one within budget so that you can afford to buy for other stuff.
Let's check a short video
Different models bring different features. So it depends on which suit you the best. Research before purchasing make sure to go through all the reviews before finally deciding on the tablet. Also, ask around town for the second opinion. It doesn't hurt to get other advice. , make sure that you can afford to buy the tablet that you want.
Try getting a lower budget tablet if the first choice isn't affordable.